|Inquire Now Download Application|
The Half Day Training Program allows dancers to focus on furthing their training and involvement in the community. Dancers in academic grades ten and older are eligible for the program. Dancers who are high school aged pair a half day of school with an intense, professional dance program and receive credit towards graduation for their training. The program affords the dancers unique opportunities to work with local professionals, develop and present much of their own work and grow in a supportive, safe space.
Currently accepting 2013-2014 applications.
You must attend our Program Audition on May 28, 2013 or request a private Audition Prior to August 1, 2013. Video applications are welcome.
Contact the office for further information on any of our Programs.
Grade 9 +
25 hours per week
Ballet, Jazz, Modern, Improv, Tap, Pointe, Stretch
- Continually broadening technique and movement vocabulary
- Integrating training with experiences working within the professional community
- Setting individual goals and tasks to help direct dancers to reach their career aspirations
- Consistently challenging each dancers choreographic and movement style
- Developing a reputation as strong, valuable members of the professional community
- Performing at assorted local arts/entertainment events
- Being involved with the processes of artistic residencies
- Working with respected guest faculty and choreographers from the professional community
- Performing repertory choreography and their own work at a selection of local competitions
- Performing repertory choreography as well as their own work at the annual presentation of Dance Vancouver
- Can take part in the spring performance workshop to learn choreography to perform at the annual presentation of Dance Vancouver
- Assorted optional national and international opportunities
270 SW Marine Drive
Vancouver, BC, V5X 2R5
+1 604 325 8653